- Windsor Castle‘s Inner Hall is finally open to the public.
- The Inner Hall was originally built by King George IV in the 1820s as a place to greet guests, but was closed by Queen Victoria in 1866 after she requested that a smaller State Entrance Hall be built, the BBC reports.
- However, a new hall was never built. Instead, the Inner Hall remained idle, soon taking up use as a storeroom.
- Now, over 150 years later, the hall has been fully restored and officially reopened.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
After over 150 years, the read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com