Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Airbnb quietly acquired Koko, an AI-powered content moderation startup, in 2018 as it looked to avoid the pitfalls faced by social media platforms around toxic content
|January 29, 2020||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- In November 2018, Airbnb quietly acquired Koko, an AI-powered startup used by companies like Pinterest, Kik, and Tumblr “to identify bad actors and damaging content.”
- Airbnb made the purchase around the time Facebook and other social media companies started facing increased scrutiny around efforts to police content.
- As Airbnb’s platform approached six million listings, it too was looking for a way to more quickly and efficiently identify things hate speech and posts about self-harm.
- Koko initially started as a crowdsourced mental health tool through a clinical trial at MIT, eventually incorporating AI to speed up its moderation services.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com