- The abandoned Bannerman Castle sits on Pollepel Island in New York’s Hudson River.
- Once a fortress for weapons, the castle is only accessible by private boat.
- The castle was built by Francis Bannerman, a 20th-century Scottish arms trader, but was abandoned in the 1950s.
- In the early 1990s, the Bannerman Castle Trust led efforts to restore the castle and island to make it safe for the public to visit. It’s been accessible since 2004.
- Today, the facility hosts tours and as used as a theater venue. Here’s what it looks like.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
SEE read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com