Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
An abandoned castle on an island in the Hudson River was once a weapon-filled fortress. Here’s what it’s like to visit its crumbling remains.
|October 25, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- The abandoned Bannerman Castle sits on Pollepel Island in New York’s Hudson River.
- Once a fortress for weapons, the castle is only accessible by private boat.
- The castle was built by Francis Bannerman, a 20th-century Scottish arms trader, but was abandoned in the 1950s.
- In the early 1990s, the Bannerman Castle Trust led efforts to restore the castle and island to make it safe for the public to visit. It’s been accessible since 2004.
- Today, the facility hosts tours and as used as a theater venue. Here’s what it looks like.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
SEE read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com