Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Extreme tailwinds helped 3 planes break records flying from New York to London in under five hours
|February 10, 2020||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Storm Ciara saw aircraft flying transatlantic routes on Saturday night perform flights in record times.
- Three flights from New York to London performed by UK carriers British Airways and Virgin Atlantic were accomplished in under five hours, beating the previous record.
- The current supersonic record for the route is held by British Airways and the Concorde at two hours and 52 minutes while the subsonic record was held by Norwegian Air at just over five hours.
- Flights in the US also saw an uptick in tailwinds that brought down flight times on flights heading from west to east.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com