Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Greta Thunberg’s refusal to take any flights since 2015 has spawned a whole ‘train-bragging’ movement, and it’s ushered in a new era for luxury travelers around the world
|December 19, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Inspired by climate activist Greta Thunberg‘s eco-conscious travel, two Swedish terms have become 2019’s buzzwords: flygskam (flight-shaming) and tagskryt (train-bragging).
- “Bragging” about reducing carbon footprints through train travel has led to an uptick in rail investments across Europe, especially overnight commuter services.
- Train-bragging sentiment has fueled the resurgence of luxury train travel.
- Beyond being an eco-friendly alternative to planes, trains appeal to a growing appetite for slow travel and meaningful experiences in today’s fast-paced world.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Step aside hygge, this year’s buzzwords are flygskam (flight-shaming) and tagskryt (train-bragging).
Greta Thunberg, the 16-year-old Swedish climate activist read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com