Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Huge swarms of jellyfish are making it difficult to swim in the Mediterranean — and they’re there because tuna is disappearing from the sea
|January 14, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Menorca is a protected nature reserve whose diverse species of seaweed, fish, and shellfish make it the Mediterranean’s equivalent of the Great Barrier Reef.
- But while the land on Menorca is protected, the sea around it is plagued by unregulated fishing, tourism, and pollution.
- According to the Blue Marine Foundation, 90% of fish stocks are overexploited in the Mediterranean, and 90% of large fish have also disappeared from the oceans since 1950.
- Large fish eat jellyfish, but because most of them are gone the jellyfish population has exploded — making many beaches in the Med unswimmable.
- Charities are working to preserve marine life in read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com