- Lexington, Kentucky, is known as the “horse capital of the world.”
- The region is home to about 450 horse farms as well as Keeneland, the world’s largest thoroughbred auction house.
- One of the most prestigious farms in this area is Claiborne Farm, a 3,000-acre, 109-year-old farm that’s been visited by Queen Elizabeth II — twice.
- Legendary racehorses Secretariat and Seabiscuit both lived at the farm, and 2013 Derby winner Orb currently resides there.
- Claiborne is home to one of the world’s most expensive breeding stallions, War Front, whose stud fee — or cost to breed with him read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com