Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Marriott gets slammed with $123 million fine after a major data breach exposed the personal data of 339 million hotel guests
|July 9, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- The UK’s Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) plans to fine hotel giant Marriott International £99 million (about $123 million) for a data breach that exposed the sensitive data of 339 million guests.
- The breach occurred in 2014 in hotel company Starwood’s database. Marriott inherited the undetected breach when it bought Starwood in 2016. Marriott discovered the breach in November 2018.
- The Information Commissioner’s Office stated that Marriott did not conduct sufficient due diligence when it bought Starwood.
- Marriott intends to defend its position against the fine.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The UK’s Information Commissioner’s read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com