- Airbnb received 140,000 applications this fall for its all-expenses-paid expedition to Antarctica in December.
- Five individuals were selected for the trip. Among those are two Americans: Tynthia King from Arizona and Spencer Ingley from Hawaii.
- Together with citizen scientists from Dubai, Norway, and India, King and Ingley will study the impact of microplastics alongside scientist Kirstie Jones-Williams.
- The “Antarctic Sabbatical” follows Airbnb’s inaugural sabbatical trip to Italy earlier this year.
- King and Ingley told Business Insider that they hope to use the trip to inspire a larger conversation about the effects of waste on the environment.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com