- Italy’s rural towns are in the midst of a revolution as they trial selling homes for as little as one euro ($1.12).
- The radical schemes are aimed at combating the effects of urbanization, which is leaving some of Italy’s most picturesque towns and villages deserted and derelict.
- Thanks to widespread media coverage, many of the towns have been inundated with interest from foreign buyers in search of a bargain.
- I recently visited a number of such towns in Sicily, and spoke to numerous foreigners who had decided to invest, as well as town mayors, deputy mayors, and councillors.
- Some conversations were translated by read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com