Home » General » National Geographic Magazine, Nonprofit Since 1888, Will Become A For-Profit Enterprise

Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...

Check the prices & save up to 80 %...

Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,

new deals campaigns...  >>> www.travelkinds.com





National Geographic Magazine, Nonprofit Since 1888, Will Become A For-Profit Enterprise

National Geographic magazine, the longtime standard-bearer of environmental journalism, will soon be known as a for-profit enterprise after nearly a century and a half as a nonprofit.

The change comes as Rupert Murdoch’s 21st Century Fox expands its ownership of National Geographic properties to a 73 percent majority stake in a $725 million deal. The National Geographic Society will own the remaining 27 percent as a minority shareholder.

The NGS did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Huffington Post.

A board of equal members from both Fox and Nat Geo will run the entity under the name National Geographic read more >>>

Source : HuffingtonPost.Com





Tags:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*