- Owning a private jet is not for mere millionaires.
- Paying for fuel, maintenance, and pilot salaries can easily add up to $1 million or more per year, according to Chris Battaglia, the director of charter sales at Meridian Aviation at New Jersey’s Teterboro Airport, the main private aviation airport serving New York City.
- Pilot salaries can add up to $750,000 per year and hangar fees can run around $200,000 per year.
- “Having an airplane is not for millionaires,” Battaglia told Business Insider. “It’s for guys worth $50, $60, $100 million.”
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Source : BusinessInsider.Com