Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Photos show what life is like in a Siberian diamond mining town on the edge of the Arctic Circle, which is home to 40,000 people and where the sun is up for 20 hours a day in the summer
|August 1, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Mirny is a diamond mining town in Siberia, Russia, about 280 miles (450 kilometers) from the Arctic Circle.
- Most of the town’s roughly 40,000 residents work for Alrosa, the world’s largest diamond miner by volume.
- On a recent trip to Russia, I spent three days in Mirny with Alrosa.
- I saw the world’s second-largest manmade pit, experienced 20 hours of sunlight each day, and saw how the town’s buildings are built elevated above the ground because it’s not feasible to dig into the permafrost, which can reach up to 450 feet deep.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com