- Qantas is testing another new contender for the world’s longest flight — a nonstop from London to Sydney, part of its “Project Sunrise” initiative.
- The flight, at over 10,000 miles and nearly 20 hours long, follows a test of a slightly shorter nonstop from New York to Sydney that took place in October.
- The airline is using the flight to study how crews and passengers cope with ultra-long-haul travel.
- Business Insider was on board for the first test flight, which landed after 19 hours and 16 minutes.
- Sign up for Business Insider’s transportation newsletter, Shifting Gears, to get more read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com