Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Russia is the world’s largest producer of diamonds. I toured a mine in Siberia that produced 1.4 million carats of diamonds in 2018 — here’s what it was like.
|September 4, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Russia is the world’s largest producer of diamonds by volume.
- More than 43 million carats were mined in Russia in 2018.
- On a recent trip to Russia, I flew from Moscow to Siberia to visit a diamond mine operated by Alrosa, the world’s largest diamond miner by volume.
- The Botuobinskaya open-pit mine operates 24 hours per day year-round and produced 1.4 million carats in 2018.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Russia mined more than 43 million carats in 2018 — that’s almost 30% of world production. The second-largest producer, Botswana, mined 24.3 million carats.
Within Russia, read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com