Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
Scientists have made artisan vodka from contaminated grain grown in Chernobyl’s radioactive exclusion zone
|August 8, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- A team of scientists has created vodka from rye grain grown within the Chernobyl exclusion zone.
- “Atomik” vodka is the first consumer product to be made within the exclusion zone.
- Professor Jim Smith from the University of Portsmouth in the UK and a team of researchers made vodka because the distillation process removes radioactive impurities.
- “This is no more radioactive than any other vodka,” Smith told the BBC.
- 75% of the profits will go back to communities affected by the disaster.
- So far, only one bottle of Atomik vodka exists, but the team are hoping to release 500 bottles this year
- Visit Business Insider’s read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com