Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
The Croatian city featured in ‘Game of Thrones’ is so flooded with tourists that it might ban new restaurants. It’s one of many cities buckling under the weight of overtourism.
|November 6, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- Dubrovnik, Croatia, is proposing a ban on new restaurants, Julia Buckley reported for CNN Travel.
- The ban would prohibit restaurants from adding outside tables and chairs, Buckley reported.
- Dubrovnik mayor Mato Franković told Buckley that the majority of Dubrovnik restaurants operate with outside tables since indoor space is so limited.
- The city — where several famous scenes from the hit show “Game of Thrones” have been filmed — has seen a spike in tourism as “set jetter” fans have descended on it.
- Dubrovnik joins a growing list of cities around the world that are buckling under the weight of overtourism. read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com