- The Dominican Republic’s ministry of tourism is pushing back after a slew of media coverage of US tourist deaths on the island.
- Minister of Tourism Francisco Javier Garcia held a press conference in New York City on Thursday.
- Along with hospitality executives, Garcia said that the media got the story wrong, harming his country’s tourism industry in the process.
- A statement released at the event also included a number of specific measures that both the public and private sector are taking to bolster security for tourists.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The Dominican Republic’s minister of tourism, Francisco read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com