- The European Union and Britain began trade negotiations on Monday.
- The EU is set to ask Britain to give back ancient marble sculptures back to Greece as part of the deal.
- Greece argues that the Parthenon Marbles, shipped from Athens by the British diplomat Lord Elgin more than 200 years ago, were taken unlawfully and should be returned.
- The sculptures, considered one of the great works of ancient civilization, are displayed in a custom-built wing of the British Museum in London.
- The Greek government told Business Insider that the marbles had been “brutally removed” by Britain.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
The European read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com