- Aeroflot Flight SU1492 burst into flames while making an emergency landing at Sheremetyevo International Airport in Moscow on Sunday, killing 41 of the 78 passengers and crew aboard.
- One of the jet’s pilots told Russian media that the emergency landing was triggered by a malfunction in the plane’s communications system brought on by lightning, AFP reported.
- Lightning strikes on aircraft are a daily occurrence around the world.
- Modern commercial airliners are designed to withstand lightning strikes.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Source : BusinessInsider.Com