Compare Hotels rates & Flight tickets prices from 100+ top booking sites at once...
Check the prices & save up to 80 %...
Click to find cheap, affordable travel offers,
new deals campaigns... >>> www.travelkinds.com
The UK expects to spend £100 million flying back stranded Thomas Cook passengers, which is only £50 million less than bailing out the company
|September 23, 2019||Posted by TravelKinds.Com under General||
- The UK government rejected a £150 million deal to bail out travel company Thomas Cook, this weekend. The failure of talks led to the struggling company declaring bankruptcy.
- As a result, UK officials are organizing return travel for 150,000 British people, which is estimated to cost around £100 million.
- 600,000 people are stranded around the world. The UK is chartering planes to bring the British ones home, a huge operation expected to last two weeks.
- UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the government decided not to bail out Thomas Cook because it would set a bad precedent.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com