- The US Department of State issued a travel advisory on South Africa on December 23.
- Violent crime — including sexual assault and armed robberies — is “common,” according to the department’s website.
- Demonstrations, protests, and strikes are occurring frequently, and have the potential to become violent. Certain areas of South Africa are experiencing extreme drought, with water supplies limited.
- Many other countries have the same level-two travel advisory issued against them, including Italy, Mexico, Denmark, and other locales.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Source : BusinessInsider.Com