- Since the early 1960s, humans have attempted to drill down to the Earth’s mantle.
- Russia holds the record for the deepest man-made hole in the world at more than 40,000 feet deep. That’s 7.6 miles.
- No one has ever reached the Earth’s mantle, although scientists have never given up trying to get to it.
- Some of the other deepest man-made holes are from oil companies, while some of the largest holes have been dug to extract copper and diamonds.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
America might have landed on the moon, but Russia drilled the deepest man-made hole on Earth.
Since the early read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com