- 56,000 people traveled to Antarctica during the 2018-2019 season, a 53% increase over the number of tourists in 2014-2015, according to the International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators.
- Luxury travel companies are rushing to capitalize on the interest in Antarctica.
- In 2020 and 2021, travelers will be able to book cruise ships with heated outdoor igloo rooms as well as business-class jet service to the continent, Travel Weekly’s Tom Stieghorst reported.
- The 200th anniversary of Antarctica’s discovery, an emphasis on experiential travel, and last-chance tourism are reasons why Antarctica tourism is surging.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com