- In June, I rode the legendary Trans-Siberian Railway more than 2,000 miles across four time zones in Russia.
- For most of my 50-hour journey, I was sharing a compartment with Russians who spoke little to no English.
- The smartest thing I did before my trip was downloading the offline translation for Russian on the Google Translate app.
- Because there was no Wi-Fi and limited cell service on the train, and Google Translate doesn’t automatically work offline, I wouldn’t have been able to communicate if it weren’t for the offline version.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Source : BusinessInsider.Com