- The banya, or traditional Russian bathhouse, is an integral part of Russian culture.
- A banya typically includes a steam room with wooden benches, leafy branches that are used for massages, and buckets or pools of cold water.
- On a recent trip to Russia, I visited a 200-year-old traditional bathhouse in Moscow, where I paid $85 to be whacked with branches and doused in ice-cold water.
- It was such a strange experience that it became the most memorable part of my trip.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for more stories.
Banyas, or traditional Russian bathhouses, are an integral part of Russian culture.
A banya read more >>>
Source : BusinessInsider.Com